In this 10-minute developer-focused demo, Yves Habersaat delivers an introduction to the Graph Presence API, API methods, presence sessions, presence sessions with SPFx, a setPresence method example, and suggestion to use Graph Explorer to experiment with API. This ACE demonstrates how to use the Presence Graph API endpoints (beta) to set and retrieve a presence status message for a user. Set/update a user’s presence – their availability and a message to viewers. Sample contains wide range of capabilities.
This PnP Community demo is taken from the Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework Bi-weekly sync call recorded on March 23, 2023.
• Yves Habersaat (Sword Group) | @yhabersaat
• Sample – BasicCard-StatusMessage | https://github.com/pnp/sp-dev-fx-aces/tree/main/samples/BasicCard-StatusMessage
• Tool – Graph Explorer | https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer
• Microsoft 365 Unified Sample gallery – https://aka.ms/community/samples
• Microsoft 365 Platform Community in YouTube – https://aka.ms/community/videos
• Microsoft 365 Platform Community – http://aka.ms/community/home